April 7, 2005

I don’t understand how I could possibly have missed the phenomenon that was Oolong, but I can’t thank her enough for introducing me to him.

Though he shuffled off this mortal coil three months ago today, his spirit lives on. Rest in peace, Oolong.

9 Responses to I don’t understand how I

1. Jess says:

I missed Oolong, too. How adorable. I don’t quite understand the desire to perch things on his little head, but I guess it was harmless.

I was just reading about the circumstances of his death. So sad and so troubling. As you probably read, he was found bludgeoned to death with a large carrot. A rival rabbit is suspected, but no arrests have been made.

2. David says:

Those are rather jaunty pancakes.

3. Brian says:

I’m suddenly so sad that I don’t have a pet to rest things on.

4. anapestic says:

I wonder whether people used to tell Oolong that he was too bouncy.

5. That is the cutest not-extremely-furry bunny I’ve seen in a long time. And extremely docile too. Pancakes on the head would freak a ‘normal’ bunny out. The world is a sadder place without him.
    (Wanna see a cute bun? Check out The Lagomorph at my site).

6. Jeffrey says:

Actually, Oolong passed away in 2003, the poor little thing:

link to sokaisha.hp.infoseek.co.jp

I too was saddened to hear of his death. Oolong’s owner did get a new rabbit, though, a cute little thing named Yuebing (which means moon cake).

link to h6.dion.ne.jp

7. Stairs says:

So, so, so, so cute.

The [actual] story of his death almost brought a tear to my eye. What a lovely bunny.

8. Chris says:

Oooh, then come on back, sweetpea, ’cause I just posted a pic of my Oolong hat!

9. ben wolfson says:

Oolong had many talents. (There’s a SFW version of that, but I couldn’t find it.)